We will verify that your insurance information is correct. If changes have been made to your insurance coverage, please allow extra time prior to your appointment to update this information. We file insurance claims on a daily basis on behalf of our patients as a courtesy. Ultimately, the patient is responsible for their Palos SurgiCenter charges. Patients should resolve disputed coverage issues directly with their insurer or employer. You will receive a separate bill from your physician.
Insurance & Billing Information
- The Center’s business office staff will contact you to verify your insurance and identify any out of pocket expense you may have. If you do not receive a call before noon the day prior to your procedure, please contact the office at 708-827-2322. This is also the number to call for all billing questions.
- Bring with you your legal picture identification, your insurance card(s) and method of payment for any out of pocket expense you were notified about that were not already paid.
- The Surgicenter fee covers the use of the facility only. It does not include fees for the following: Laboratory, Pathology, Physician, and Anesthesia services.
- If your surgeon sends a specimen for pathology, the pathologist who examines the specimen will bill you for this service.
- All co-pays and deductibles are expected to be paid day of service. All remaining balances are due within 90 days of service.
- Please be aware that Palos SurgiCenter has separate financial and billing policies and procedures than your surgeon’s office.
- Please be advised that your services will be billed to your insurance plan. However, you are responsible for the payment of your in=network/out-of-network deductible, co-payments and/or co-insurance at the time of procedure. These fees are mandated by your insurance carrier and cannot be waived.
- Please be prepared to pay these fees at the time of service. WE accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and AMEX.
- If you are unable to make payment, please contact Patient Accounting to set up a payment plan by calling 708-827-2322. We will assist you in any way we can to help make this process as smooth as possible.
- Self-Pay Patients
Payment must be made in full the day of your procedure. Self-pay payments of cash, money order of credit card are accepted.