Before Your Surgery
The following guidelines will help prepare you for your surgery and avoid delays or possible cancellations:
- Do not wear any makeup, fingernail polish and remove all body piercings.
- Do not bring jewelry, money or valuables. Palos SurgiCenter is not responsible for lost personal items.
- Do not drink any alcohol for 24 hours before your surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything after 12:00AM before your surgery.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing such as a jogging suit.
- Bring a list with you of the medications you take including over-the-counter and herbal.
- Arrange for someone 18 years or older to drive you home and spend the first night after surgery with you.
- Do not wear contact lenses. Wear glasses if needed.
- A consent form must be signed before the surgical procedure begins. For patients under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian (paper work is required) must be present to sign the form.
- The patient is responsible for informing staff of any pertinent information, including change in medication.
- Females of child-bearing age will be required to give a urine sample upon admission to the admitting area.
- For details about your surgery please remember to call the SurgiCenter by 4:00 pm the day before surgery if you have not already talked to a member to the SurgiCenter staff. Please call by 4:00 pm Friday if our surgery is scheduled for Monday.